In these modern days of innovative technologies as well as all kinds of progressive solutions we are all well used to being surrounded by all sorts of devices, gadgets and gizmos that help in alleviating our everyday routines. Sure enough, our smartphones and tablet PCs are important but one must not forget about some vital home appliances such as the refrigerator. After all, what are you going to do in case your fridge will begin to malfunction? Well, you could get in touch with the repair services, but there are a few things that you could try yourself, since at times all it takes is just a few minutes of work:
– First of all, check if your refrigerator is leveled. To do so, simply convey a standard carpenter’s level right on top of the fridge. Check out the casters of legs. In case you are not reaching the ground, you will need to make a couple of adjustments. Get an adjustable wrench and adjust the legs or use a screwdriver for the casters. Once you are done, check the level just like you did before in order to make sure that you have reached desired results.
– At times, the light bulb will not work and the sunshine will not come up when you open the door of your fridge. If so, make sure you purchase a 40-watt appliance lamp. Do not buy the standard ones. First, unplug the fridge and then install the new light bulb. In case it still does not work, the issue may be a result of the door or perhaps the wiring.
– Although most spare parts of the refrigerator work for a very long time, things like the gasket are not as sturdy and you may need to change them. Appliance stores will provide you with the new gasket in no time. However, before you go looking for the new gasket, make sure to write down the model of your old gasket so as to find the exact one that you will be able to install in your appliance. When you are installing the gasket, make sure that you are not over tightening the screw, since it may damage the part.
– Sometimes one will need to alter the door-swing direction. Although it is a convenient thing that will allow you to move the fridge to a better place, where the door will not bother you, getting through the user’s manual in this cases may prove to be rather difficult and you will need to get in touch with an expert.
– Finally, the issue may be with your ice maker. If your ice maker stopped generating ice, you will need to perform a series of rather sophisticated actions that may involve manipulations with the water pipe. If you are not entirely certain that you will be able to deal with the issue properly, it would be advisable to contact a specialist in order to resolve the matter within the very least amount of time possible.
If the problem is not resolved through the above-mentioned actions, just get in touch with a repair service and wait for the trained professional to take a closer look at your fridge. This will surely help you deal with the trouble. Click here to go back to the service repair homepage.